The musings and ponderings of me, Jen

Swidget 1.0

Thursday, May 22, 2008

I Know, I Know, It's Been a Long Time

I've really been trying my best to keep the boy's blog up to date, since I really think that most of the people who visit care more about what they're doing. So, I've been totally slacking in posting to my own blog. I also really have a hard time coming up with relevant things to write about. My mother gave me a complex about talking about the TV shows I like and what I thought about them (thanks Mom!!), so I've been hesitant to do that. Our lives have been a bit crazy lately, and I haven't had much time to visit or post to the blogoshpere. So, here goes a few random thoughts...

With that being said, I would be totally remiss and not a true fan if I didn't mention American Idol and its newest winner. David Cook has won!! And I'm so glad. I think the people have spoken and let their voices be heard. They didn't want what happened to Chris Daughtry to happen again. Thee were 97 million votes!!! And I'm proud to say that I was 5 of them. I had not voted on any other show this season, but I wanted to make sure that David Cook was not robbed. I was never a big fan of 'Archie' and wasn't really sure why the judges loved him so much. Anyway, enough about that...let's just say I'm super excited that David Cook won and I can't wait to buy his album.

My hubby and I just got back from a weekend trip to Gonzales, LA. For those that don't know (and frankly who would?), that's about half way between Baton Rouge and New Orleans. We went there for a family member's wedding. My parents came here to watch the kiddies while we went. It was a great little get away. There was a big Tanger Outlet Mall right near our hotel, so we got to go over and do a little shopping on Saturday afternoon - after luxuriously sleeping in!! I got myself a new pair of tennie pumps at the Nike Outlet and a few things for the boys at Carter's. We didn't have near enough time, so there were a lot of shops we didn't get to, but I'm sure Chris is happy since that means I didn't spend lots of money. But, it was fun none the less.

We got to see lots of Chris' family that we don't get to see too often, it was great catching up with them. We got to see his cousin, Madeline who was our flower girl in our wedding almost 10 years ago! Needless to say, she's changed quite a bit. I think they were a bit disappointed that we didn't bring the boys (some of them have never met them), but they understood. Maybe we all will get over to New Orleans and/or Texas sometime soon.

I guess that's it for now...I'll try to post again soon before a month is up.

No comments: