The musings and ponderings of me, Jen

Swidget 1.0

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Everything is Way Too Complicated...

It is Saturday night at about 8:15 pm. We got home from our outings today at about 2:30 pm. At that time, we put the kids down and I got on my computer to create a signature for my e-mail so I could promote my blogs. I've created signatures before, but none with links or hyperlinks. I didn't figure it would be much different. But, of course, it's never as easy as it should be. I thought it would be as easy as creating the signature that I wanted with the hyperlinks in Word and then attach it to my e-mail via file. Nope, not the way it works. If it sounds too easy, it normally is, right? So, between the internet and my very smart husband, we figured it out and it only took us about 5 hours (With a few interruptions named Phillip & Andrew)!! That's just crazy. And now I realize that the little blurb about me under my picture over there on the left does not say what I want it to. Why? Because I have both of my blogs under the same e-mail address. So, when I changed the 'About Me' section for my other blog, it changed it for this one too! Ahh! It's just too frustrating sometimes. I know that the blog sites want to keep it very simple so that everyone can use it. But, it's frustrating that I don't have some of the choices that I want. I'm somewhere in the middle of the no-html-knowledge person who really just need to be able to pick and click and the people who create these amazing html-heavy blogs. It's been over 10 years since I regularly used html code and I've lost a lot of it since I haven't been using it. I guess I better start brushing up. So, keep checking back as I try to learn more and improve the look of this blog. Toodles...

No comments: