The musings and ponderings of me, Jen

Swidget 1.0

Monday, March 3, 2008

Hi!

I'm sure everyone says this, but welcome to my blog. I absolutely never thought that I would have a blog. Blogs are for angst-ridden college students and authors who have meaningful things to say. But, nonetheless, here it is. And here I am venturing into this unknown territory that is the 'blog'. I've already told you a little about myself on the right there and it doesn't get much more complicated than that.

I'm sure you are asking yourself "What
is an edugator?" Well, I am a graduate of the University of Florida (Go Gators!!), who's mascot is the Gator. I am also an educator, more specifically, a 5th grade teacher at one time. So, when you combine educator and gator, you get "Edugator". I have been using this moniker since I first entered the College of Education way back in 1995 (gasp!). Now to be fair, I did not originally come up with this idea of joining educator and gator. Way back when I was in middle school, there was a series of T-shirts printed combining other occupations and adjectives with the word gator - like "litigator" and "exaggergator". "Edugator" was one of their creations and frankly, I 'borrowed' it!

As for the swamp...first, gators live in swamps, so that makes sense. Second, the Gator's football field is nicknamed the Swamp, so that also makes sense. Finally, I suffer from Mommy Brain, a condition severely limiting your capacity to think strait once you have children. It results in forgetfulness, becoming scatter-brained, misspelling very common words, and calling your children by the wrong names, among other things. This condition is especially noticeable in reasonably intelligent, pretty with-it women. So, my brain often feels like it is a swamp and my thoughts are quickly sinking in all the muck.

That's it for my first post! Toodles...

4 comments:

Susan said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. I look forward to visiting often!

C.L. said...

Impressive!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I will look forward to seeing/hearing all the cute and frustrating things my grandsons do. I hope you will keep me informed of Mom's new and unique accomplishments, also.

Love ya,
MOM

Anonymous said...

We LOVED the softball video and dog hair tale!!! It seems more complicated than lesson plans!!!