The musings and ponderings of me, Jen

Swidget 1.0

Thursday, March 20, 2008

I Think They Got It Right

As you can see from the (incomplete) list to the left, I'm a pretty avid TV watcher, some might even say addict (insert *gasp* here). Due to the writer's strike, there aren't very many shows that are new right now, which is a total bummer. Luckily, a few of my favorites are on and my DVR has been busily recording.


Let's talk some American Idol. I think so far, America has gotten it right. It wasn't that I didn't like Amanda, but she was getting very predictable and even a little boring. I know she was supposed to be the 'rocker' chick, but that doesn't mean that she can't mix it up a little bit. And I just wasn't a big fan of her raspy voice. It is a little sad for her that she didn't make it in to that elusive 10, but that's the way it goes I guess.


Digressing a bit to last week, I was very surprised that David H. went home first, but I don't think he would have made it into the top 5 anyway, so it really didn't matter that he went home then instead of in a couple of weeks. I've heard lots of people saying that it didn't affect the outcome, but I do think he lost votes because of his past. I've heard from lots of my friends the same thing that I thought. I liked him a lot in the beginning, but then I found out what he used to do and I just didn't like him quite as much.


I still don't know who my favorites are. Normally by now, there's a few people that are really standing out and I'm rooting for, but not yet. I guess I am leaning towards a few people: David Cook, Brooke White, and Jason Castro (although I can't stand his hair). But, it's an ever changing thing, so we'll see.


Let's move on to Lost, one of my favorites! What is up?? Those writers are crazy. They always manage to surprise, no matter how many scenarios you conjure up in your head, they do something different. Michael on the boat?!? That's crazy. And that flash tonight, was it a flash forward or a flashback? Well, neither really. It was a flash between. It took me about half way through the episode and my husband explaining it to me to finally figure it out. And then Sayid totally ratting him out? What's up with that? You'd think he'd want to try to use him to get out of there. Anyway, I don't even try to figure it out or predict what's going to happen anymore, I just watch and get entertained.

And finally, I watched Miss Guided tonight for the first time. I watched the first two episodes. It was pretty good, we'll see how it goes.

That's it for my TV ramblings, let me know what you think. Toodles...

3 comments:

Susan said...

I've got the two Miss Guided episodes in my DVR right now. I'm looking forward to it. Can't talk about Idol or Lost. Marcus made me stop watching during the first season. I was pregnant with Emma and he was afraid the stress would make me going into premature labor. After Emma, we were too "lost" to follow the story!

Anonymous said...

I love Lost! Most of the time I'm "Lost" right with the cast. But I like to see how more Lost I can get. Usually by the end, I know what's going on in that episode. But like you said, I don't even try to figure out what's coming next because they always throw me for a loop.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen,
I too am an Idol fan. I have loved the two Davids who are now in the finalists for some time. My favorite is David Cook. I just think he is ready to record. The younger is just not quite ready, not quite mature enough, but he will have a big contract as a result of this show in the future. We'll see this week who becomes the next American Idol. Karen C