The musings and ponderings of me, Jen

Swidget 1.0

Friday, March 28, 2008

Prayer

The ladies of my Sunday school class just started our third Bible study. We're doing The Power of a Praying Woman by Stormie O'Martian. I'm really excited because I don't feel like I've ever known how to pray. Both my pastor and Sunday school teacher have recently talked about the proper way to pray and what Jesus said about praying. One of the neatest things about it is she has actual prayers to pray after each lesson demonstrating what she's trying to teach you. I'll keep you updated on what we learn.

We've only done the introduction, but I can't wait to get started. I'm really going to try to work on giving myself some quiet time to talk with God. It's hard, we all have busy lives and lots of excuses, but it's important. And I need to make myself do it, it needs to become a priority. I'm sure it will be short and slow at first, but I'm really going to try. I also can't wait to share my struggles and triumphs with my fellow Bible studiers. It's so nice to know these ladies struggle with some of the same things I do and are there to encourage me through them. I feel I have so much to learn, may the Lord bless all of us as we strive to improve our prayer lives.

I'd love to hear what you have to say about prayer. When do you do it? How do you do it? Do you feel like your prayer life could improve?

Toodles...

No comments: